English Español

Need Help

Need Help Paying for Child Care?

Child Care Subsidy programs help families pay a portion of the cost of care based on a sliding fee scale. Parents must income qualify for these services, and typically must be working, seeking employment, or participating in a Welfare work activity. Find answers to common Subsidy questions. 

To apply for Child Care Subsidy Program services with the Urban League, please complete these forms and submit them to the nearest program office. Once received, your application will be screened, and a member of our team will contact you to let you know what information is needed to complete your case if you appear eligible. If you are not eligible, you will receive a notice by mail explaining the decision.

Circle Copy Bullet Frequently Asked Questions
Circle Copy Bullet Child Care Subsidy Application
Circle Copy Bullet Service Agreement
Circle Copy Bullet Program Penalty Form


Tax Credits and Assistance
Parents may be eligible for tax credits which can help them recover some of the cost of child care. Each has different requirements to qualify, and we recommend working with a tax consultant to ensure you maximize the credits available to you, which may include:

Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit – This credit permits parents to receive federal (and in some locations state tax credits) for child care expenses. The amount you can claim depends on your income and how much you pay in child care related expenses each year. Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit.

Earned Income Tax Credit – This is a federal credit that helps contribute to working family’s income by increasing your tax return at the end of the year, or by adjusting your tax withholdings. Your employer can provide you with more information regarding this credit. Read more on the IRS website.

Coverdell Education Savings Account – Created as an incentive to help parents save for education expense, the account can be used to pay eligible k-12 expenses, as well as college expenses. Income limits apply, and there is a maximum contribution of $2,000 per year. Read more on the IRS website.

Employer/Corporate Sponsor Discounts
Some employers offer discounts to employees on their child care tuition, especially when child care is offered on-site. Speak with your employer to see if they have programs that cover part of your child care expenses. Your child care provider may also know which companies they have an agreement with to offer employees discounted rates.